Found Julian work via Zbrush Central and instantly I was hooked – not only great technical work on the models – but also the artistic side, the concept art – just great.
Hello friends! Welcome to the first video tutorial for ArtisNavi and first one I’ve ever did. (so I hope you guys forgive me any weird stuff). I will take you guys through the same steps you get in the text version, but also will give few more times about general use of functions in Maxon Cinema 4D and what they do.
Found this thread on the ZbrushCentral forums – don’t know much about Juan (apart from the fact that he’s from Buenos Aires) as an artist, but must say his Batman interpretation is nothing short from great. It’s like – if you imagine – Mamoru Oshii making an anime version of the dark knight – with that great Japanese mech-like/samurai feel to the armor. CGSociety profile here.
Amazing style of Assassin’s Creed 2 and now Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood obviously have many fathers (and mother too) in the Ubisoft Montreal studios but Nicolas is definitely one of them directly responsible for some of the best game characters ever to be model.
In the second part of the Nature tutorial we’ll focus on preparing the model for the Ivy Generator (link on the bottom), we’ll see how to set up some ivy and export it back to Cinema 4D, plus we have a look on a setup for branches and leaves, some materials and basic light with floor. We’ll leave the lighting for third part as I didn’t wanna torture guys with too much stuff for too long. This is the second part of the tutorial, but even if you haven’t watch (you can always do it now) the first one you still can use lots of tips from this one so make sure to watch it.
Just a quick word before we start about my setup. I’m using Maxon Cinema 4D R12 – but most of the solutions will work with R9/10 and higher. My computer is using 8GB of ram and QuadCore cpu so if you fell that your project is a bit laggy – try to use less polygons (we’ll chat about this later) and should be fine. The screenshots are produced in 2560×1600 resolution, but I did rescale them to 1280x780px as for some reason WordPress has an issue with the thumbnail generation for original images. (Gregory will try to fix it). Some screenshots have different font/look on them and these are basically mixture of the experiment and proper tutorial screenshots. This is the first part which will cover the type effect and general step-by-step how to get from a font look into the pebbles look. In next few weeks we’ll go through the rendering and material setup, Adobe Photoshop post-production and for the final part – a bit of brainstorming and working around creative blockade. Let’s go!